Whenever this topic comes up the first question I get is “what the heck is an air tube headset?” Many people, even those familiar with the dangers of EMF Radiation, have not heard of them.
An air tube headset is a headset for your cellphone and other electronic devices that keep the harmful EMF Radiation away from your head. They function similar to a medical doctor’s stethoscope. Sound is ported up to your head via air tubes rather than electrical wires.
In the below list I have listed out what I feel are the very best air tube headsets on the market. I have turned each item in the list into a link. If you click on one of the links it will take you below in this article to the section that gives all the details about that particular headset. Then if you wish to get back to this list all you have to do is to click the back button on your browser.
The Best Air Tube Headsets Are:
- 1. Defendershield Air Tube Headset
- 2. Safesleeve Anti-Radiation Headset
- 3. Tuisy Anti-Radiation Headset
- 4. Kinden Air Tube Headset
- 5. RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset
- 6. Dr. Mercola Blue Tube Headset
- 7. Docooler Air Tube Earphones
- 8. Tauki Air Tube Headset
- 9. Sanxir Anti-Radiation Headphones
Why Use An Air Tube Headset?
Cellphones emit 3 different types of Electromagnetic Field Radiation that hundreds of scientific studies have found to cause things like cancer, DNA damage (especially in infants and fetuses) and male infertility. These are Electric Fields, Magnetic Fields and the most powerful called Radio Frequency (RF) Radiation. See the Scientific Studies page of this website for links to many of these studies.
If you use a Bluetooth headset or hold your cellphone directly up to your ear, this radiation is going directly into the hole in your head that we call your ear. This means there is only soft tissue between your cellphone and your brain. Some of the scientific studies mentioned above have shown an increase in the amount of malignant brain tumors in the temporal lobe of the brain, which is the part of the brain next to your ear.
Both cellphones and Bluetooth headsets use frequencies of RF Radiation (Microwave Radiation is RF Radiation) in the microwave range. In fact Bluetooth uses the exact same 2.45 GHz frequency that a microwave oven uses to cook your food. The power levels are different but it is the exact same radiation. And cellphones use frequencies very close to that as well. The new 5G technologies coming out will use even higher and more intense frequencies. (Related article “5G Health Risks Debunked – Get The Facts!“)
Choosing An Air Tube Headset
There are many, many styles and brands of air tube headsets offered on the market nowadays. Below you are going to seem my list of my top pics. I have not ordered in any particular order. They all have pro’s and con’s. They are all pretty good quality. In this section I am going to give you some pointers on what to look for based on what is most important to you.
So here below is a short buyers guide to help you out in your decision making process:
- Headset Design: As more and more time passes and air tube headsets get more and more popular, manufacturers have started to come out with more design options based on what is popular with traditional corded headsets, such as on-ear, over-ear and in-ear for example. So if you pay close attention to the various options we go over you can then make a more educated decision.
- Headset Size: Size can affect a headset’s usability, storebility and portability. The larger the headset is the better its sound will be. But it will be more heavy to wear and harder to keep with you because of its size and weight. So it is up to you to decide if portability is most important, or if you prefer a headset that produces better sound.
- Built-In Microphones: Some air tube headsets are designed only for listening and do not have a built in microphone. Other ones include very high quality microphones and are designed to be used for cellphone conversations. So depending on if you just want to listen to music, or want to use it to make phone calls will affect which model is best for you.
- Sound Quality: Just because you have a high quality headset does not mean the sound quality is better. Some manufacturers spend more resources on sound quality than others do. So depending on how important sound is to you, this may affect the decision that you end up making. If sound is most important to you make sure you order a model that can be returned if the sound is not what you were hoping for.
- Cord Length And Quality: Another of the significant points to consider here is the quality and length of the cord of the air tube headset. The line type is additionally fluctuating lately. There is one sort of string with the standard shape that we know about. The other sort of rope is the noodle-formed that keeps the string from tangling.
So before you decide on one of the high quality air tube anti-radiation headsets we talk about below, be sure to take into consideration the things we just discussed so that you are able to get the headset that has the features that are the most important to you.
1. Defendershield® Air Tube Headset
Check out the price here on Amazon: Defendershield® Air Tube Headset.
- Quality Sound: The Defendershield® headsets are my top pick and my favorite air tube headset. Defendershield® has headset speakers that deliver superior fidelity sound over other headsets. This headset is a bit more expensive but this is an example of where you get what you are paying for.
- Tube Design Improves Sound: Also the tubes used are designed also to produce better sound. The tubes have wider air space designed to allow the sound to mature and develop into a richer more vibrant sound in the process. This makes both listening to music and speaking to people on the cellphone a higher sound quality experience. If you spend a lot of time listening to music, podcasts and other media through your headset, sound quality may be very high on your priority list.
- Industry Leading Technology: Defendershield® is the leader of the world in offering the best quality EMF Radiation protection available. The owner of Defendershield® is a scientist and their products have been scientifically engineered to maximize performance and EMF protections.
- Independently Tested: DefenderShield® products are tested in FCC certified labs. These products are technology combined with state of the art EMF protections. These products are some of the most highly tested in the industry. They are known as leaders in the EMF protection industry.
- Quality Craftsmanship: All DefenderShield® EMF protection products are not only designed and built in the United States of America, but they are hand-crafted using the highest quality materials. The DefenderShield® team strives to offer the most effective EMF shielding protection available, and to do so at affordable prices. They influence their immediate innovation skill to improve quality while constantly exploring upgrades.
The DefenderShield® Air Tube Headset is very high quality. However the manufacturer does not mention that they have shielded wiring so EMF Radiation may still transfer from the lower half of the headset (the wiring) into whatever part of your body it touches. You can put a ferrite bead on the bottom of the cord to eliminate this problem. See this article for more information on ferrite beads.
2. Safesleeve Anti-Radiation Headset
Check out the price here on their website: Safesleeve Air Tube Headset.
- Radiation Protection: Safesleeve is also a very high quality company. I like them so much I have their EMF protection cases for our cellphones, my laptop and my tablet. They are very well built and you just cannot go wrong using their products.
- Air-Tube Design: Safesleeve uses very durable silicone air tubes designed to transfer high quality sound to your ears. Just like all air tube headsets the air tubes keep the electronic speakers and wires away from your ears. As you can see in the picture the speakers still near your chin, which is my only complaint about this design.
- Built-in Microphone: The microphone is of a high enough of a quality that the headset can be used for phone calls, Siri or other virtual assistant, voice over IP or voice recording etc. The sound of the microphone is better quality sounding than other lesser quality air tube headsets.
- High Definition (HD) Speakers: Safesleeve anti-radiation headsets offer exceptional quality and sound. In the air tube world, Safesleeve speakers are known for their superior bass when you are listening to music through your device.
- Control Button: With this nifty feature you have the ability to hang up or answer phone calls with this button on your headset. You can also play music and even activate things like Siri or any other virtual assistant. This is an easy access control button that works very nicely.
- Included Carrying Case: This is a nice addition to this anti radiation air tube headset. A zipper packaging that allows for simple, tangle-free storage. The way that Safesleeve uses this when it is shipped to you reduces litter by eliminating wasteful disposable packaging. So there is one less thing to have to throw away!
- 3.5 mm Plug: This is the typical size plug that most cellphone headsets come with. This allows your Safesleeve anti radiation headset to connect to all devices with a standard headphone port. The lightning adapter (included with your phone) can be used for newer iPhones without headphone jack.
The one thing that is different about the Safesleeve Anti-Radiation Headset is the design of how it fits around your ear. Be sure to notice in the image above left. Some people like these and some do not.
3. Tuisy Anti-Radiation Headset
Check out the price here on Amazon: Tuisy Anti-Radiation Headset.
- Certified: The WIPO or World Intellectual Property Organization certifies that the Tuisy Anti-Radiation Headset uses Air tube anti-radiation technology in the USA and Germany.
- EMF Radiation Reduction: The Tuisy Anti Radiation Headset reduces 99.9 percent of the harmful EMF Radiation that would otherwise go directly into your ears. Remember your ears are just a hole in your head and the radiation from normal wired headsets bring that radiation right up into your ears with only soft tissue between that and your brain.
- Control Button: With this clever component you can hang up or answer telephone calls with this button on your headset. You can likewise play music and even initiate things like Siri or some other virtual assistant. This is a simple access control catch that works in all respects pleasantly.
- 3.5 mm Plug: This is the regular size attachment that most cellphone headsets accompany. This permits your Tuisy Anti-Radiation Headset to interface with all gadgets with a standard earphone port. The lightning connector (included with your telephone) can be utilized for more recent iPhones that do not have an earphone jack.
4. Kinden Air Tube Headset
Check out the price here on Amazon: Kinden Air Tube Headset.
- Radiation Reduction: Like other anti radiation air tube headsets the Kinden Air Tube Headset delivers sound to your ears via air tubes (similar to a doctor’s stethoscope) rather than by using wires to speakers in your earbuds. The manufacturer says that this keeps 98% of the harmful EMF radiation from traveling all the way up the cord to your ears.
- Shielded Wires: The Kinden Air Tube Headset used shielded wires. This is said to prevent electromagnetic induction as well as electrical conduction of interrupted current and Radio Frequency (RF) Radiation from traveling up the cord like it would an antenna. This is an exceptional feature because then you are not exposed to the RF Radiation emanating through the cord in the lower half of the headset into your body.
- Gold Plated Audio Jack: A gold plated audio jack is an advantage because gold is a highly conductive metal. This aids in what they call a “no loss sound connection” between your cellphone or other audio device and your air tube headset. Plainly said it makes for higher quality sound.
- Multiple Ear Piece Sizes: Most headset companies do this nowadays, but still it is an important feature. When you get your air tube headset it comes with 3 different sized rubber ear tip or end pieces (the part that fits directly into your ears). This makes sure that you have a size that fits you no matter what your ear size is.
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack: Again this feature is important, but is true of most modern air tube headsets. Because it uses a standard sized audio jack it fits almost all devices such as Android smartphones, Apple devices, Portable Music Players such as iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 plus, 5S, Windows phones, iPads, Nexus, HTC, and some Samsung Galaxy and Note Series, tablets and laptops etc.
- Warranty: They offer what they refer to as their “risk free 12 month limited guarantee”. They will refund or replace without condition your headset withing 12 months from the purchase date under specific conditions. See manufacturer for warranty specifics.
5. RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset
Check out the price here on Amazon: RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset.
- Standard Jack & Stereo Sound: The RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset comes with a built in microphone as well as in cord volume and call answering buttons. Since it uses a standard audio jack size it will work with any electronic device or cell phone that takes a 3.5 mm audio jack. RadiArmor’s newly updated “dual 8 mm drivers” allow the headset to offer true stereo sound.
- Radiation Reduction: Because the RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset utilizes air tube technology combined with quality shielded wiring the manufacture claims that their air tube headset reduces a person’s EMF Radiation exposure by 99.9%. That is a pretty significant claim.
- Newly Updated: The RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset has recently been updated offering some new features. These include a significant upgrade in the quality of the speakers, as well as a change to magnesium alloy earbuds making them much more compact and significantly lighter in weight. They also added volume buttons onto the headset.
- Comfortable Use: Again most air tube headset manufacture offers multiple sizes earbud tips. The RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headset is no different. They offer multiple sizes as well so that their headset fits comfortably into almost any ear. And their earbud tips are “sound isolating silicone earbuds” which improves sound quality. Also they offer a long, tangle free cord. This allows users to easily keep their phone in their bag or pocket while using their phone.
- One Year Warranty: The RadiArmor Anti-Radiation Headphones are quality built to last a very long time. The manufacturer offers what they call their “one year hassle free warranty”. Note: These speakers are quite powerful so be sure to always check your volume slider before putting the earbuds into your ears.
6. Dr. Mercola Blue Tube Headset
Check out the price here on Amazon: Dr. Mercola Blue Tube Headset.
- “Anti-Radiation Technology: The Dr. Mercola Blue Tube Headset uses “air tube technology” (similar to how a doctor’s stethoscope works). These air filled tubes convey the sound from the chest to your ears. This prevents having electrical wiring (which carries RF Radiation like an antenna) going all the way up into the hole in your head called your ears. This headset manufacturer does not mention having shielded wiring so EMF Radiation may still transfer from the lower half of the headset (the wiring) into whatever part of your body it touches. You can put a ferrite bead on the bottom of the cord to eliminate this problem. See this article for more information on ferrite beads.
- High Quality Construction: This is a very high quality constructed air tube headset. If you take care of this headset it will last you as long as the best of them will. It has a specially designed cord that doesn’t tangle easily. They redesigned their earbud several times to get one that is one of the most comfortable earbud designs. It is also “ergonomic” so that the air tubes hang without touching your face.
- Standard 3.5 MM Audio Jack: Again this component is significant, however is valid for most current air tube headsets. Since it utilizes a standard measured sound jack it fits practically all gadgets, for example, Android cell phones, Apple gadgets, Portable Music Players, for example, iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 in addition to, 5S, Windows telephones, iPads, Nexus, HTC, and some Samsung Galaxy and Note Series, tablets and PCs and so on.
- Advanced Sound Technology: The Dr. Mercola Blue Tube Headset highlights propelled acoustic innovation, conveying sound wave-based and not radiation-based interchanges, predominant correspondence and bother free use by consolidating upgraded speaker for more intense, more clear stable, inward wiring framework that diminishes input and mutilation and progressively ergonomic situating.
7. Docooler Air Tube Earphones
Check out the price here on Amazon: Docooler Air Tube Earphones.
- Radiation Protection: The Docooler Air Tube Earphones utilize the normal air tube technology (similar to a doctor’s stethoscope) which delivers the sound to your ears via silicone air tubes rather than with wired speakers in the earbuds. The wiring of a normal wired headset acts like an antenna and carries the EMF Radiation right up into the hole in your head called your ear. That combined with their shielded wiring used in the lower half of the headset eliminates 98% of the radiation according to the manufacturer.
- High Quality Sound: The Docooler Air Tube Earphones manufacturer says that their built in high performance speakers and microphone offers the user “clear, perfect sound”. This FC12 Headset is outfitted with capacity catches which lets you effectively controlling your music. It additionally supports sans hands with high-grade amplifier, completely setting free your hands from noting the call during activity.
- Comfortable To Wear: The Docooler Air Tube Earphones have an in ear headphone design. Its earmuffs come with soft skin friendly “leatherette” which has very good permeability and which is very comfortable to wear. It also works to insulate you from the sounds around you.
- Standard 3.5 mm Audio Jacks: Utilizations global standard port (CTIA), great 3.5mm fitting is good with most 3.5mm sound gadgets, for example, for iPhone 6 6Plus 5S 5 Samsung, Smart Phones, Desktop, Notebook, Player, MP3/MP4, wireless, tablet, and so forth.
8. Tauki Air Tube Headset
Check out the price here on Amazon: Tauki Air Tube Headset.
- Patented Technology: The Tauki Air Tube Headset has its design patented. It uses shielded wiring along with its air tube technology to prevent Radio Frequency (RF) Radiation, electric fields and magnetic fields from traveling up the cord and into the hole in your head we call your ear. These are a very high quality and well designed air tube headset that is both great looking and safe.
- Extra Long Cord: Their cord is a full 4o inches long. For many people this is a very nice feature. This way when you plug your cell phone into this headset, you can create two to three feet of distance between you and your phone. Remember that RF Radiation dissipates with distance. The further you are away from your phone the less radiation is hitting your body.
- Standard 3.5 MM Audio Jack: Again this component is significant, and it is substantial for most current air tube headsets. Since it uses a standard estimated sound jack it fits for all intents and purposes all devices, for instance, Android mobile phones, Apple devices, Portable Music Players, for instance, iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 notwithstanding, 5S, Windows phones, iPads, Nexus, HTC, and some Samsung Galaxy and Note Series, tablets and PCs, etc.
- Radiation Protection: Electromagnetic radiation is a emitted when cellphone is on and associating or looking for remote signal. Also called RF Radiation, research has demonstrated that this sort of EMF has organic impacts. The more separation you can put among you and your remote gadget the better. We adore these Airtube Anti Radiation earbud earphones on account of the extra long rope and the Airtube innovation that keeps radiation from your gadget from heading out up the string to your ear.
9. Sanxir Anti-Radiation Headphones
Check out the price here on Amazon: Sanxir Air Tube Headset.
- Patented Technology: The Sanxir Anti-Radiation Headphones design they say is patented. That is cool. Again these guys use both the air tube technology (similar to how a doctor’s stethoscope works) combined with shielded wiring which they say achieves a 99.9% reduction in harmful EMF Radiation exposure.
- Good Sound Quality: Sanxir Anti-Radiation Headphones shield you from cell phone radiation while as yet giving a wonderful sound encounter. Ground-breaking 8 mm Dual Dynamic Drivers convey sound with clear highs and great bass.
- Quality Construction: A gold-plated 3.5 mm audio jack, the link comprises of inside enameled copper folded over Kevlar fiber to incredibly build toughness and elasticity. Lightweight aluminum compound structure guarantees transportability and tensile strength. These are incredibly tough, top notch materials through and through.
- Intelligent Control Technology: In line controls are strategically placed enabling you to control volume, select tunes, and accept calls. Cutting edge propelled receiver chip dispenses with cross-talk and foundation static.
- Patented Winged Earphone Tips: Accompany 3 sets of silicone ear tips and 3 sets of winged ear tips (S,M,L size)for customized fit. Winged headphone tips is structured by the ear, give extra help and grasp to the earbuds, Keeping endlessly from the problem of dropping out your ear.
Several of the above reviewed air tube anti-radiation headsets come with shielded wiring that go from the bottom of the headset up to the speakers. This is very important because the wiring in the cord of the headset acts just like an antenna and transfers the harmful RF Radiation up the cord to the speakers if the cord is not shielded. This radiation then jumps from the cord to any part of your body that it touches.
That being said if you have your heart set on an air tube headset that does not come with a shielded cord, this is a very simple and inexpensive fix. All you have to do is to put a simple ferrite bead on the bottom of the cord.
Ferrite beads are used all the time on laptop and other electronic device’s power cords to protect the device from high frequency spikes and surges that could harm the device. RF Radiation is a high frequency spike or surge. You can buy a bag of ferrite beads that take two seconds to stick on the bottom of your headset cord for just a couple of bucks on Amazon. See this article for more information on ferrite beads and for links to the ones you should buy on Amazon.
I hope that you found this article helpful! If you did please share this article on each of your social media sites and email it to your friends. We really appreciate it when our readers do this because it really helps us to get the word out. It also shows the search engines that our content is valuable which helps our rankings. Thank you for taking the time to read this article!